- Software updater is available for Windows only.
- Installation of the updater requires admin rights.
- Updater requires Internet connection. You can not flash just any image you want – only the version which Nokia sends you while your phone is plugged in.
- Updater checks for own updates. If a newer version of self is found, the outdated version refuses to work. Upgrade requires reboot.
- Software update requires SIM in the phone – why the heck.
- Updater is “graphical”, that is, you can’t copy any text which it shows. Such as version of the image or error messages (fortunately I’ve got none).
- Backup+restore cycle did not restore any of the additional software which I had previously installed (more than 10 pieces BTW)
I appreciate comments from owners of mobile phones from other vendors: have Motorola, LG, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Apple, whoever else – done it better?